Veritas Principal IT Business Analyst – Eloqua & Marketing Applications in Salt Lake City, Utah
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Principal IT Business Analyst for Eloqua and Marketing applications leads efforts to gather and analyze requirements, processes and data, provides guidance to other staff, makes recommendations for application processes, and assists with workflow and business needs for the Marketing applications.
This role helps build and implement processes and documentation of requirements management associated with Veritas’ critical, cross functional company initiatives and supports enterprise-wide application systems by defining and documenting business and functional requirements, processes, implementations, customizations, creating systems interfaces and integrations documentation, and debugging and troubleshooting application issues daily.
Crucial duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Work closely with the Marketing Organization to examine existing business models and flows of data, document and present findings and craft an appropriate IT solution; act as the liaison between the technical leads, the business, and the development team.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support, enhance, and improve efficiency of business processes.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including diagramming, operations manuals, technical user guides, etc.
- Assist in the creation of the architecture diagrams, process flows, system design, and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator with the business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues while providing assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and technology.
- Serve as key SME (Subject Matter Expert) to the Technical Leads as well as other parts of the organization for internal IT, business stakeholders and 3rd-party vendors.
- Solve and handle issues lists pertaining to deployed application systems as well as perform tuning, configuration, monitoring, and security administration.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide assistance with troubleshooting.
- Assist in handling outsourced relationships for 3rd party application development and programming consultants as well as a liaison to the vendors for extended problem resolution, license maintenance, and support agreements.
- Prioritize efforts and delegate activities appropriately as well as use analytical experience to consult end users with the overall objective of improving the use of application systems functionality, i.e., improve workflow, optimize business processes, and identify appropriate systems solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent certification or related experience within multiple tiers of an IT organization required.
- 10+ years of experience with technical implementations of application development projects for Marketing organizations using Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce, CVent, XTM, ON24, Oracle Sales Cloud, Account Based Marketing and Marketing return on investment metrics and enterprise integration tools.
- 8+ years of marketing domain experience in marketing automation for global campaigns design and deployment, leads programs and scoring, email templates and campaigns architecture.
- Solid understanding of business process and data modeling, data structures, use case, user story development, and test case development is required.
- Solid grasp of Privacy and GDPR regulations.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Comfortable in constantly evolving and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Experience with multiple SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile)
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships across functions and levels of an organization to drive teams towards success-based results
- Ability to apply technical skills to understand and communicate the potential and limitation of technology
- Possesses strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from various sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Must be focused, results oriented, accountable, and exhibit significant attention to detail while maintaining a broad understanding of company strategy to assess initiative impact. Must be able to think at the strategic level while implementing at the project level.
- Ability to understand and drive towards operational cost-reducing process improvements.
- Self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, and the ability to help negotiate priorities, and to resolve conflicts among project partners
- Fundamental knowledge of standard desktop business applications and tools.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .