Northrop Grumman GBSD- Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer - Launch Equipment Design in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer/Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command & Launch - Launch Equipment Team. This position will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force's sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Perform customer requirements elicitation leading to Requirements Development
• Coordinate & collaborate with the System Engineering and Command & Launch Segment System Engineering Teams
• Support system, segment, element and unit level trade studies
• Define of high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and track them through design, verification, integration, and operational validation
• Support a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrating team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
• Identify required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and driving corresponding updates to closure
• Coordinate and collaborate with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
• Prepare and present reports, briefings, design documents (drawings and specifications) and interface with customers.
This position may be hired at a higher level according to the qualifications below.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
•For Systems Engineer: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 0 Years with Masters;
•For Principal Systems Engineer: Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 Years with Masters; or 0 years with PhD
•Active DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Active DOD Top Secret Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering