Northrop Grumman GBSD System Test Electrical Engineer/Principal Systems Test Electical Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a System Test Electrical Engineer to support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program System Test Team design and development activities. This position will be located in Roy, UT. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Technical experience in network, computer hardware and software, interconnection and interfacing technologies
• Experience/Familiarity with cloud computing services: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS)
• Experience/Familiarity with technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in embedded systems, COTS and GOTS systems
• Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
• Adapting to an ever changing technology landscape by exploring new HW solutions
• Using demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Familiarity MBSE (Model-Based Systems Engineering) with CAMEO
• Ability to navigate requirements in DOORS
• Writing requirements, acquisition specs for Hardware with applications in command and control and cybersecurity
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Position requires travel approximatley 25% of the time.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled at the Engineer or Principal level.
Basic Qualifications for an Electrical Engineer:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university with at least 2 years of relevant experience OR Master's of Science Degree in electrical engineering, or a related STEM degree from an accredited university
B asic Qualifications for a Principal Electrical Engineer:
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited university with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Master's of Science Degree in electrical engineering, or a related STEM degree from an accredited university and 3 years of experience
US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
Experience preparing for and participating in design reviews
• Active Top Secret Clearance (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Excellent communication skills - verbal, written, and presentation
• Experience working cooperatively with professionals representing multiple disciplines
• Works well in a team environment
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Security+ Certification
• Software and/or Hardware testing experience
• Experience with Client/Server architecture
• Automated Test experience (development and execution)
• Agile experience
• Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
• Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering