Northrop Grumman GBSD Staff Software Engineer in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Software Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What You'll Get To Do :
• Apply extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Perform work without appreciable direction. Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long- term perspective, for desired results.
• Guide the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
• Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications :
A minimum 14 years of related experience with a Bachelor's in Science degree; 12 years with Master's degree; 9 years with a PhD; or 18 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
U.S. Citizenship with an active Secret Security Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
Experience developing End to End capabilities for Data processing through Workflow.
Experience developing front end & back end website applications.
Experience designing user interactions and pages.
Experience creating servers and databases for functionality.
Experience designing and developing APIs.
Strong organizational and project leadership skills.
Experience with workflow systems (e.g. Nintex and K2).
Experience with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering