Northrop Grumman GBSD LGC Sr. Principal Software Engineer (Agile/DevSecOps) in Roy, Utah
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal DevSecOps Software Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
What you will get to do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the following:
• Designs, develops and tests displays, controls and functionality
• Designs, develops and tests simulation software for use in high fidelity simulation based training systems; training systems may include a combination of console and weapon system simulations, virtual reality, and augmented reality
• Design and develop artificial intelligence algorithms to tutor, assess and evaluate learner knowledge
• Develops and maintains databases to monitor and analyze learner and system performance
• Collaborates with Systems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
• Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
• Performs code quality management and corrects defects
• Coordinates with HW/SW team to perform retests and regression tests once defects are corrected
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and 9 years of relevant experience; or 7 years with a Master's; 4 years with a PhD; or 13 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
U.S. Citizenship with an Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Ability to obtain program access
These qualifications would be nice to have:
Candidate should have strong experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle CI
Candidate should also have strong experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible.
Candidate should be able to work in a fast pace, agile environment.
Ability to work on cross-function Scrum team focused on quality and capability delivery
Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
Familiarity with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
Experience with Linux and Windows operating systemsFamiliarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework - SAFe for Lean Enterprises
Preferred if DoD Secret Clearance has been issued in the last 5 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering