Northrop Grumman GBSD - Engineer Human Factors in Roy, Utah
Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSP). As a part of the NGSP Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Human Factors Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here .
The Human Systems Integration team is seeking a Human Factors Engineer (HFE) to join the Ground Based Strategic Deterrence (GBSD) team. In this position, the HFE will be part of the team ensuring the evolving system hardware and software systems are properly designed and operable by US military operators and maintenance crews.
Job responsibilities include: design documentation including interface specifications; hardware and software interface design/development support; analyses and collaboration to facilitate equipment selection, design and arrangement; user group collaboration and working groups; compliance with specified sections of MIL-STD-1472G; collaboration across IPTs; and coordination with the customer and user community.
• Author/support the development of requirements that are compliant with Human Factors best practices and specified sections of MIL-STD-1472G
• Human Factors Analyses (including, but not limited to: task analyses, predictive workload analyses, interface prototyping and analysis, and design-for-maintainability (DFM) analysis)
• Architecture, CONOPS, and use-case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Prepare, coordinate and conduct both predictive and empirical workload analyses as well as usability assessments
• Conduct computer-based (NX) and empirical accessibility assessments
• Author/support the program documentation of the HFE processes and products in a format consistent with US Military Data Item Descriptions (e.g. Human Engineering Program Plan, Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Operator, Human Engineering Design Approach Document - Maintainer, Human Engineering Test Plan, Human Engineering Test Report, et. al)
• Cross-IPT Collaboration
• Design and develop workstation geometry and layout controls and displays to accommodate full anthropometric range of expected users.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Bachelor's degree in Science and 2 years of experience; or 0 Years with Masters; An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree?
Active Secret Clearance with background investigation date within 6 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering