Fresenius Medical Care North America Supervisor, Software Services Project Management in Ogden, Utah
Job ID 20000F55
Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supervises the functional area of software services project management. Assists with planning and coordinating software engineering project activities to ensure that project goals are accomplished within prescribed time and funding parameters. Supervises personnel across designated locations involved in development and application systems integration projects.
Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Focuses on enterprise application implementation and continual updates of cycles with a specific focus on enterprise level applications.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the daily operations of the team, including but not limited to: establishing mutual goals, assigning tasks and maintaining schedules.
- Oversees the analysis, design, and management of application development projects.
- Supervises the completion of project tasks, and assists in overcoming obstacles to ensure the successful delivery of software while meeting time and budget commitments.
- Manages the successful delivery of software while meeting time and budget commitments.
- Proactively identifies potential service level problems and implements or coordinates with other on solutions.
- Enforces departmental operating procedures, applicable security procedures, and support/practice needs to ensure that the quality of service provided meets customer requirements.
- Participates in the development and implementation of processes that improve efficiency and enhances productivity.
- Defines project objectives and oversees quality control throughout project life cycle.
- Plans, executes, and finalizes projects while being sensitive to deadlines and budgets.
- Coordinates the completion of project tasks and assists in overcoming obstacles to ensure the successful delivery of software while meeting time and budget commitments.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Confers with stakeholders to provide technical advice and resolve problems.
- Works with management and stakeholders in the design, development, and integration of enterprise software applications to maintain alignment with the strategic goals of GMQ.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standards and procedures for project management, development, reporting and documentation in the Software Services group.
- Maintains current with changing trends, technologies, and regulatory matters that may impact future project management opportunities.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provides direct supervision of the assigned team(s) through ongoing leadership and guidance; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Provides direction to employees, according to established policies, procedures and management guidance. Supervises day-to-day operations of employees. Responsible for hiring, coaching, and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Administers company policies, processes, and procedures that directly affect subordinate employees and the workflow unit. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; frequently lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Required to sit and work at a PC work station for extended periods of time.
- Clear vision with accurate color perception required for developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) programs.
- Able to meet requirements and SOPs to support clean room environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Night and weekend support may be required at times.
- Some travel may be required to facilitate implementation of enterprise apps at other locations, or to assist in changes to existing installations.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of software services staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in computer science, mathematics, engineering, business, or related field.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), Project Management Professional (PMP) desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of software services/project management experience; or 1 – 3 years of experience as a Supervisor (external candidate) preferred.
- Experience managing the software development life cycle (SDLC) for new and existing software applications.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience in large scale software development or integration and implementation.
- Knowledge of current techniques and hardware capabilities of a large-scale computing environment.
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex issues that may arise.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to do reasonably advanced math and understand logical structures.
- Able to analyze and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex issues that may arise.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies so as to enforce best practices.
- Understands business rules and requirements surrounding a software project and catalogs requirements to ensure all are met.
- Proficient with PCs and Microsoft Office applications.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.