Robbins Gioia Java Developer in Ogden, Utah
Currently, RG is looking to hire a Java Developer* *to support our Air Force Agile development project team in providing high-quality technological expertise. A successful candidate will support developing a compelling and modernized customer experience for our client’s planning and scheduling software applications. A successful candidate must demonstrate a clear and practical understanding of the Java development framework and how it is used to implement complex business rules. An understanding of software testing principles and execution is also required.
A Day In the Life:**
The chosen candidate will work on an iterative Agile development team responsible for the development, sustainment, and modernization of our client’s planning and scheduling application. The candidate will work alongside business analysts and a UX/UI design team to implement business requirements focusing on improving the user experience and optimizing the overall product experience for the user community. To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Designing, developing, and modifying software systems, using analysis and models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, adapting it based on user requirements, or improving performance
- Performing the needed analysis, design, development, and documentation of existing and future code modules
- Collaborating with the Business Analyst(s) and QA (Quality Assurance) Test Team to ensure that the work product aligns with the documented requirements and Product Owner’s expectations
- Maintaining and updating visual and behavior standards for web pages and user interface controls for web and mobile solutions
- Working within established development guidelines, standards, methodologies, and conventions
- Collaborating and coordinating in a consistent manner with the development team to ensure coding standards are followed, development best practices are employed along with the sharing of knowledge and lessons learned
- Being an amicable member of a highly productive team by working in a collaborative micro development team format along with a fellow developer and QA tester
How You Can Make A Difference:
The usability of our software and related applications is of primary importance to RG and our customers. RG’s software is used by the Department of Defense for the planning, scheduling, and management of critical maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities supporting warfighter readiness, requiring the user experience to be clear, consistent, and efficient. The ideal candidate will be able to apply relevant systems engineering and development skills in an Agile environment while working as a member of the software development team. They will be responsible for maintaining the software products and answering questions from the field concerning configuration and development issues as they relate to customer/client support.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 2+ years of development experience in:
- Java based web applications
- Java Enterprise
- Java Server Faces and understanding underlying Java Server Pages (JSP) including resource management and understanding of object lifecycle
- Subversion (SVN) or similar Configuration Management software to include working in branches
- Knowledge of Agile software design and development process
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work across organizational lines and to mentor coworkers to achieve strategic goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across management, staff, and multiple Agile delivery teams
- Ability to travel nationwide for client meetings
- Current NACI (National Agency Check with written Inquiries) or ability to obtain one
Bring the WOW Factor:**
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field
- 1+ years of experience primarily using Angular V7 or later web application
- Experience with any of the following:
- UNIX (HP-UX (Hewlett Packard UNIX) and SunOS/Solaris preferred)
- RedHat JBoss Application Server
- JPA 2.0
- Hibernate 5.1, 4.5, 3.0
- Spring Framework involving Spring Web, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Spring AOP (Aspect Oriented Programming), etc.
- RESTful APIs and JSON
- Jenkins and Maven for UI (User Interface) builds and deployment
- Java EE Reporting tool (JasperReports preferred)
- Certified Application Developer
- Micro Certification – Automated Test Framework
- Certified System Administrator
- Secret Clearance
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:**
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
**At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications.
_ Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality._
Tracking Code: 2021007
Job Location: Ogden, Utah, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular