America First Credit Union Data Engineer in OGDEN, Utah
The data engineer structures data for analytical access, performance and integration. The engineer must manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content. This position designs and constructs enterprise-wide data and information architecture to support business intelligence and data integration management efforts. You will engineer and implement data warehouse and data mart concepts, and design and oversee strategies for data integration, metadata management, and business intelligence performance. You will partner with the business and leadership to prioritize data and information requirements and will help determine strategic direction of data asset management efforts.
• Works with analytics information manager to develop a practical roadmap for analytic resource(s) and reporting platform(s).
• Assist in defining the overall data architecture, including ELT processes, logical & physical data models, and data mart designs.
• Partner with leadership to understand and prioritize data and information requirements and determine strategic direction for integration and data management of analytical data resources.
• Collaborate with key business users to identify needs and opportunities for improved delivery.
• Develops an understanding of the underlying corporate data sources and their relationship to support credit union data driven decision objectives.
• Maintain knowledge of software tools and programming languages that effectively support the environment.
• Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality.
• Provide technical guidance to projects and teams, ensuring that new initiatives enable effective analytic information management.
• Develop and oversee metadata repository, business intelligence (BI) and data warehouse strategies and development.
• Engineer, develop and implement data warehouse and data mart concepts.
• Provide technical knowledge and business support to BI teams.
• Lead data management efforts for enterprise projects through all phases of development life cycle.
• Be able to pilot and build POC’s to demonstrate and test business value
• Should have a strong understanding of relational and dimensional modeling to facilitate data wrangling, code operationalization, and exploration of data.
• Educate and provide data solutions to varied levels and use cases
• Develop presentations and trainings for business users to increase understanding of data resources and effective use cases
• Contribute to and maintain business glossary and other resources that foster cross-functional collaboration on analytical data resources
• Cross-train, support, and work closely with team members in the following roles
Data Scientist: data wrangling, feature engineering, model development, management, and operationalization.
BI Analyst & Developer: visualizations, report building, analysis of data for consulting purposes, and data mart development.
Database Administration: database security, redundancy and backup, source system ETL
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and react to problems quickly.
• Must have prior experience developing analytical solutions in large or midsize companies.
• Must be able to translate concepts and directions into practical solutions.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive data, and meet critical deadlines
• Excellent understanding of SQL, PL/SQL and ELT implementation.
• Experience with multiple relational database platforms, Oracle and SQL Server desired.
• Programming experience with 4th generation and 3rd generation computer languages such as Python and R desired
• Must be able to develop, maintain, review and explain data models.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a team player
• Understanding of the financial services industry desired
• Experience with dashboard design and delivery desired
• Four years of progressive work experience in business intelligence, data warehousing, analytics or data engineering.
• Experience working with end users to gather requirements and build technical solutions from concept to implementation.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or other business related field. Equivalent experience may substitute for education qualifications.
Street: 1344 West 4675 South
External Company Name: America First Credit Union
External Company URL: https://www.americafirst.com/