Robbins Gioia Computer Systems Specialist in Ogden, Utah
Currently, RG is looking to hire Computer Systems Specialists to support our Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) customer. This role will be critical in supporting our customer’s overarching mission of Information Technology modernization of Financial, Human Resources, Cybersecurity, Logistics and Acquisition capability domains within DLA and across other Federal Agencies.
A Day In the Life:**
To help make our customer successful, the chosen candidate can expect to be involved with or responsible for:
- Evaluating state-of-the-art computer hardware and software and its application to support specific requirements/interface with other equipment and systems
- Troubleshooting bottlenecks and proposing recommendations for their elimination
- Making recommendations for system improvements that will result in optimization of development and/or maintenance efforts
- Determine processes and costs for converting computer systems from one language or machine to another by utilizing compilers, simulators, emulators, and/or language translators
- Recommending better utilization of operating systems capabilities to improve system efficiency through conversion or migration
- Evaluating applications in support of specific requirements and interfacing with other equipment/systems
- Determining potential/current bottlenecks and proposing workable recommendations for their elimination
How You Can Make A Difference:**
This role plays an important and vital part in DLA mission success. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently with minimal supervision, provide insight to the program management team and customer technical representatives regarding software configuration and integration across the user enterprise, life-cycle management, along with resource planning and forecast. Be an active constraint hunter and problem solver.
A Consultant is an exempt customer-facing business professional that provides a variety of information directly to customers for their ongoing programs, new initiatives, strategic planning, and measurement/evaluation in one or more of RG's solutions. They possess excellent customer service skills, remain current on industry trends, value team work, and have a wide range of interpersonal skills.
To be successful in this role, all candidates must meet the below qualifications to be considered.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority
- Current NACLC or IT Security II
Bring the WOW Factor:**
In addition to our core requirements that are an absolute must for this role, we want to highlight some of the qualifications that we consider to “Bring the WOW Factor”. Below are some of those “WOW Factors” that we would love to have, but that are not considered hard requirements to do the job.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer related field
- DoD 8570 Compliant Certification (IAT/IAM Levels preferred)
- DoD Security Clearance
Physical Requirements & Disclaimer:**
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required, only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. EOE, including disability/vets
_ At Robbins-Gioia (RG), we provide management consulting, managed services, and JFAST software. Our management consulting services combine leading-edge capabilities in management and technology with a seasoned understanding of our clients’ missions. Our managed services help our clients maximize their technology investments by providing experienced professionals that complement our clients’ strategy and operations. Our JFAST software is a suite of tools that perform advanced planning and scheduling operations and is the most capable intelligent scheduling platform for complex, mission-critical applications._
_ Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we partner with our clients to test and refine every solution to meet their exact needs. We take pride in tackling complex management challenges with fresh and innovative insights and in transforming our clients’ vision into reality._
Tracking Code: 2020045
Job Location: Ogden, Utah, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular