Vivint Sr. Software Engineer in Test (Video) in Lehi, Utah
This is a full-time role located right at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT. Vivint Smart Home's Innovation team is looking for a Software Engineer in Test for the design and execution of automated tests that support the validation of device firmware and associated software components. The automated test validation required has a central focus of Video / Camera products. A background in system development or test development for embedded devices is desired.
What you will be working on:• Provide fully automated testing and quality assessment for our video product teams
• Help expand our camera automation framework functionality and maintain its stability• Investigate and fix automation suite failures, as needed• Root-cause test failures and indicator changes, identifying responsible teams and driving quick resolution of product, infrastructure, and environment issues• Maintain database of automated test cases with thoroughness and consistency• Understand and know how to debug and diagnose embedded systems, video issues, and network problems
• Implementing automated tests with an emphasis on reliability, repeatability, and metrics measurements.
• Frequently collaborating with the test automation development team to work towards long term automated product quality goals
Who you will work with:• The development team to identify and remediate product issues, as well as to identify collaboration opportunities between development and automation to accelerate quality engineering
• The quality team to identify automated coverage of test cases and future test candidates, as well as to provide automated test results and data.• The product management and development teams to identify areas of quality improvement for next generation video devices
What we're looking for:Basic Qualifications• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience• 4+ year's experience with software test automation• 5+ year's experience with Linux• 2+ year's experience with Python
• Experience working and debugging with C / C++
• Experience working with cameras or video streaming
• Experience working with embedded software
• Experience with unit testing frameworks
• Experience with metrics gathering and reporting• Excellent test plan and test case writing skills
• Experience working and debugging with Rust
• Experience working with cloud platforms and applications• Experience with application virtualization and micro-services• Able to demonstrate solid software development practices• Able to take ownership or lead of test automation for specific components and features• Able to establish and promote best practices for test automation across the entire development organization• Research, evaluate and propose technologies and tools to use for test automation purposes• Accelerate the innovation and delivery of products• Play an integral role in the agile software development lifecycle
Who Are We:
· Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company ’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com .
Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
Your choice between Mac or PC
Employee pricing on smart home products
Casual dress code
Onsite health clinic
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First - Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage - A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential - Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together - Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected - Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back - Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here:
Behind the big orange logo: an inside look at Vivint Smart Home (https://www.ksl.com/article/46306469/behind-the-big-orange-logo-an-inside-look-at-vivint-smart-home)
Why Vivint Smart Home is One of the Most Innovative Companies
Vivint's Culture (https://www.vivint.com/company/careers/culture)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs". Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of "America's Best Employers," the Forbes 2019 list of "America's Best Employers for Diversity" and is one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, the state’s #1 patent company and a certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Vivint Smart Home is aware and addressing the rapidly evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus. We want you to know that we are monitoring the virus and impact closely and taking actions to keep our workplace healthy and minimize disruptions to our customers. Now more than ever we appreciate the importance of coming together to protect families and their homes. Some of these measures that relate to candidates include virtual interviews, and work-from-home opportunities. We value you as a candidate and hope you and your families stay healthy and appreciate your support in keeping our global community safe during these unprecedented times. Thank you.