Vivint Sr. Scrum Master (Sofware Engineering Project Manager) in Lehi, Utah
Are you ready to join the Smart Home revolution? In Vivint’s Innovation Center, you will be on the cutting edge, developing products that make the smart home even smarter. Others are just getting into the Internet of Things game. Vivint is applying years of experience in the home to create the world's best integrated Smart Homeexperience. If you’re ready to innovate and lead in smart home technology, join Vivint’s Innovation Team. Working with our organization will be rewarding, challenging, and most definitely not just another job. Vivint is a fast-paced technology company leading in the Smart Home field. This is a time of incredible growth for us as we make home automation more available, easier to use, and more powerful than ever before. We are looking for a seasoned
program manager to help drive delivery success.
This Senior Scrum Master will work with several high performing delivery squads in Vivint Smart Home’s Innovation group, leading them to deliver the software functionality required to maintain the quality of our systems and enable some of our highest profile initiatives.
This role works across product and engineering groups to deliver outcomes, leading teams to agile maturity and predictability while hitting critical milestones for ongoing programs. You will
serve as the scrum master for at least three scrum teams, working with a cross-functional group that includes software engineers, QA, product managers, designers, program managers, and even hardware engineers, to help
bring our products to market.
Each of our engineering squads is often juggling deliverables for multiple programs /release train schedules, so we are looking for a project-minded scrum master who will work closely with program
managers to understand various program timelines and release deadlines, and will help the teams manage resources and scope to deliver against a long-term roadmap.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have a demonstrated ability to deliver outcomes in the form of
products or features. While experience implementing agile or helping a group tighten their operations is valuable, we are really looking for someone who will focus on getting value out the door to our customers, and who has a strong history of doing so throughout their career, as demonstrated on their resume.
What we’re looking for:
· COMMUNICATION AND COLLABORATION: Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to clearly communicate with both business and technical audiences. Experience updating the program manager, product manager, and vertical leads about open risks and upcoming milestones. Encourage participation & decision-making by all team members and effectively manage group dynamics.
· RISK AND ISSUE MANAGEMENT: Lead the engineering teams to identify risks up front, manage and mitigate them and monitor residual risks and any issues that arise. Track tasks and lead a culture of accountability in the team and across the business. Identify and remove impediments as needed. Be aware of program milestones and outcomes
· LEADERSHIP: Know Vivint’s strategic priorities, and make sure the team(s) work is aligned to the top priorities. Gather estimates and contribute to the creation of strong execution plans. Work across teams to review proposed scope and provide Level of Effort (LOE) estimates as well as suitable tradeoffs for quality and business risk. Ability to inspire and motivate the team via influence and servant leadership.
· OWNERSHIP: Lead teams to predictability by ensuring that the backlog is organized, that teams are leveraging best practices to hit commitments, and continue to refine our JIRA hygiene and create accountability. Communicate with stakeholders and partners. Set specific release dates and milestones with the team and keep them focused on owning those accountabilities while communicating needs for support or issues that put those at risk.
· STRATEGIC THINKING: Ongoing evaluation of our agile mindset, development practices, and strategic approach to software capabilities. Suggest operational changes to vertical leadership where appropriate. Capable of big picture / long-term thinking that results in suggestions, trade-off discussions, risk identification, and negotiations as needed. Broad view of product portfolio and ability to synthesize OKRs and goals into day-to-day actions.
· AGILE EXPERTISE: Expertise in agile methodologies beyond the fundamentals. You are knowledgeable in Agile methodologies beyond scrum (ie Kanban, Lean, XP, SAFE) and are confident in your ability to choose the appropriate approach (or hybrid) for each situation. You understand the philosophy behind the methodology, and you leverage that knowledge to drive Agile Maturity. You know how to generate buy-in and can come up with creative / custom approaches leveraging your deep knowledge as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
· Min. 5+ years’ experience as a scrum master, with at least 2 serving as scrum master for multiple scrum teams at the same time
· Demonstrated track record of leading scrum teams to deliver for a consumer product
· Certified Scrum Master at a minimum; other certifications a plus
· Results-driven and genuinely believe in "inspecting and adapting"; you don't settle for mediocrity and find
ways to measure and report on success as you try new things.
· Leverage data to drive meaningful discussions around planning, prioritization, risk mitigation and trade-offs.
· Strong negotiation skills as well as ability to facilitate informed and timely decisions and mediating tradeoffs with various groups to deliver a product on time and ready for market.
· Interest in understanding the technical complexities of the teams. You don't have to be a developer, but we are looking for someone who knows enough to drive meaningful discussions, ask the hard questions, and proactively identify and mitigate risks during technical conversations with the team.
· Ability to work both independently and cross-function with minimal supervision
· Ability to multi-task priorities and initiatives
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs". Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of "America's Best Employers," the Forbes 2019 list of "America's Best Employers for Diversity" and is one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, the state’s #1 patent company and a certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Vivint Smart Home is aware and addressing the rapidly evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus. We want you to know that we are monitoring the virus and impact closely and taking actions to keep our workplace healthy and minimize disruptions to our customers. Now more than ever we appreciate the importance of coming together to protect families and their homes. Some of these measures that relate to candidates include virtual interviews, and work-from-home opportunities. We value you as a candidate and hope you and your families stay healthy and appreciate your support in keeping our global community safe during these unprecedented times. Thank you.