Vivint IOS Software Engineer in Lehi, Utah
Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.5 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
The Smart Home Ecosystem team within the Vivint Innovation Center is looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on iOS experiences in support of our world-class smart home solutions. We are looking to grow our team of exceptional engineers with more of the best talent we can find. Join us and use your passion for engineering cool solutions to create the world's best smart home experience.
What you will do:
· Collaborate closely with software engineers representing other disciplines to build amazing experiences from top to bottom.
· Leverage your technical expertise and interpersonal skills to help the team make great implementation decisions together, including active participation in code reviews and other software lifecycle activities
· Work in a fast-paced, self-directed, agile environment
· Research and evaluate new technologies and tools
· Contribute to new feature development, maintenance, and architectural activities
· Actively participate in the iOS guild with fellow engineers to develop better organization-wide development practices and solve hard problems
· Participate in a quarterly "Innovation Week" and work on innovative projects of your choice
· Put smart home products in your own home and experience your work product first hand
Who you will work with:
You will be a central part of a cross-functional delivery team focused on building customer experiences around access to the home, comfort in the home and ease of use of the system including a rules engine, AI engine, thermostats, garage doors, door locks, voice integrations and more. You will work closely with product management, program management, QA, UX designers and others. The Comfort and Access team resides within the Smart Home Ecosystem business unit. The S.H.E. team is aligned in priorities and goals, and strong collaboration and employee satisfaction is a hallmark of our efforts. We succeed and fail together. You will find team members to be incredibly bright, driven, helpful, and supportive.
What we're looking for:
· Swift and Xcode
· iOS Foundational Libraries
· RESTful services
· Mobile analytics frameworks
· Carthage or CocoaPods
· Bug Tracking and Source control (JIRA, Bitbucket, Git)
· Common software architectural practices and principles (MVC, MVP, MVVM, Viper, Clean, SOLID)
· Refactoring and Unit Testing
· 2+ years relevant work experience
· B.S. in Computer Science or additional equivalent work experience.
Skills that are highly desired, but you can learn them on the job:
· Agile development processes (Scrum/Scrumban)
· Driving mobile architectural changes within an organization
· IoT products and services (Security, home automation)
· Android development frameworks and tools
If you are an active Vivint employee, please apply through Workday by searching "Find Jobs".Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24/7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of "America's Best Employers," the Forbes 2019 list of "America's Best Employers for Diversity" and is one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, the state’s #1 patent company and a certified Great Place to Work. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
Vivint Smart Home is aware and addressing the rapidly evolving situation with the COVID-19 virus. We want you to know that we are monitoring the virus and impact closely and taking actions to keep our workplace healthy and minimize disruptions to our customers. Now more than ever we appreciate the importance of coming together to protect families and their homes. Some of these measures that relate to candidates include virtual interviews, and work-from-home opportunities. We value you as a candidate and hope you and your families stay healthy and appreciate your support in keeping our global community safe during these unprecedented times. Thank you.