InsideSales.com Data Engineering Architect in Lehi, Utah
Employer: XANT, Inc.
Job Title: Data Engineering Architect
Degree Required: Master’s degree or equivalent foreign education
Academic Discipline(s): Computer Science
Experience Required: Three years of experience
Acceptable: Computer Science
As a Data Engineering Architect for XANT, Inc., you will be responsible for providing coordination of all activities relating to continuous improvement of the Data Layer and enhancing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze, architect, design, develop and implement solutions across cloud and on-premise applications and data sources
- Expand architecture skills across the organization by guiding, training and mentoring other team members, drive adoption of design and configuration/coding standards, and architecture principles
- Collaborate with other technology teams (infrastructure, operations, services data science) to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts
- Promote best practices, quality standards, processes, and tools, and continuous improvement throughout the software development lifecycle
- Responsible for technical design, task estimation, implementation, automated testing, debugging, and deployment
- Communicate well with product owners, stakeholders, and other team members
- Research and analyze existing solutions and architectures, find the gaps and provide alternate solutions and approaches. Foster innovation for all technologies
- Enable practices of proactive monitoring of resources and systems
- Conduct architectural and code reviews
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently with the team
- Experience with production software development.
- Experience in building services and applications across a combination of Go, Python, PHP, C#, or Java.
- Experience developing in Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS or Azure.
- Experience with queuing technologies, such as RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience with at least one of the following databases: MongoDB, HBase, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, or SQL Server.
- Experience developing web-based solutions including HTTP/REST.
- Experience developing distributed applications and software components.
- Experience in data collection, data preprocessing, and data transformation techniques.
- Knowledge of data mining techniques.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git or Subversion.
- Experience with Atlassian suite products, such as Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, or Bamboo.
- Experience with objected oriented architecture.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends, when necessary.
Salary (Annual): $120,000.00
Work Location: 1550 W. Digital Drive, STE 500, Lehi, Utah 84043
Hours of work: Usually 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday – must be willing to work nights and weekends, if necessary.