Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Manager in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: Lockheed Martin Aeronautics --
Be More Than You Can Imagine!
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, our customers include both the United States Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
Joining the Ogden On-Site Engineering and Technical Services team at Hill Air Force Base, Utah as the Systems Support Team Manager postures you to share your technical skills, leverage your management abilities, and enables your contributions to proven aircraft deployed worldwide. This manager is responsible for the performance of a cross-disciplinary team providing technical support to the US Government at Hill Air Force Base in Utah.
This position leads software project teams for F-16 and other aircraft platforms, develops solutions to technical challenges, defines plans, organizes tasks, and recruits and mentors employees. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for the positive execution of contracted task orders within cost, schedule, performance, and quality requirements. Strong communication and customer relation skills are required for daily interaction with government customer personnel and other Lockheed Martin teams and organizations.
Must be a United States citizen. Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You?
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy: Medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, work/life balance, career development, mentorship opportunities, rewards & recognition, and more.
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here:
To be considered, candidates must have the following Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
• 7+ years of experience in software and hardware design, implementation, and support.
• Solid leadership skills with five years leadership experience. This typically includes responsibilities in hiring, recognizing and disciplining employees, conducting and/or providing peer inputs for performance reviews, facilitating team meetings, setting objectives/commitments with employees, managing finances and contracts, and leading proposal efforts.
• Experience with military or government programs.
The following Desired Skills are not required but would set a candidate apart from others:
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline (computer science, systems, aeronautical, mechanical, or electronic/electrical engineering; physics, etc.).
• Ten-years’ or more experience with F-16 requirements, development, integration, test, installation and support. Specific understanding in the following is helpful: USG organic aircraft modification/upgrade programs and processes, flight manuals, firmware, Android and iOS application development, Automated Weight & Balance System, Electronic Flight Bag, and Diminishing Manufacturing Sources / Materiel Supply.
• History of leading software technical efforts as an L-coded manager (within Lockheed Martin) or equivalent in a similar organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of systems engineering processes and Agile methods; familiarity with ALC Depot and Engineering processes.
• Demonstrated history of customer relationship management and business development.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.