Lockheed Martin F-16 Modification Technical Support Engineer (Level 4) in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team at our Hill Air Force Base, Utah facility. Perform as an integral member of the F-16 System Program Office (SPO) Systems Engineering/Configuration Management team with responsibility to provide support to the F-16 Organic Modification programs for the Air Force.
• Work as a team member of the F-16 System Program Office (SPO) Systems Engineering/Configuration Management team to assist the USAF/EPAF/FMS F-16 Organic Modification (Mod) teams with obtaining Fielding approval for all Organic modifications.
• Create/Maintain an F-16 SPO Program Management Plan (PMP) that should account for sustainment issued identified throughout the lifecycle of the F-16. The purpose of the Fleet Sustainment Program Management Plan (PMP) is to integrate sustainment tasks into a single plan, which is critical to execution of the modification to achieve a successful fielding. Diminishing Manufacturing Sources (DMS) issues, Fly to Fail verse Time Change sustainment approaches, Critical Safety Item requirements and other fleet wide sustainment issues are example of issues that should be addressed.
• Assist with creating a PMP for individual organic modification programs that align with key milestones within the F-16 PMP, identify and quantify the deliverables associated with each event, and identify any associated risks and the appropriate mitigation needed for execution of the modification’s PMP.
• Assist the Organic F-16 modification programs with identifying and addressing any shortfalls of the PMP prior to fielding of the modification.
• Assist with creating an Integrated Product Support (IPS) Element plan/checklist for individual organic modification programs that align with key milestones/elements of the F-16 IPS Element Plan.
• Assist the Organic F-16 modification programs with identifying and addressing any shortfalls of the 12 IPS elements prior to fielding of the modification.
• Create/Maintain F-16 IPS Element Plan and Identify and assess emerging risks.
• Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Experience with Air Force policies/procedures related to F-16 aircraft maintenance and operations.
• Hands-on experience related to F-16 aircraft systems, modification practices, troubleshooting/malfunction analysis, repair and logistics supply acquisitions.
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Experience working multiple projects simultaneously.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Experience with Fighter Program Management Plan (PMP), Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and/or Configuration Management Plans
• Understanding of Systems Engineering principles for Fighter aircraft.
• Experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and sustainment of Aircraft and/or Support Equipment.
• Understanding of Risk Management principles and Fighter Maintenance (Depot/Field) and Supply experience.
Familiarity with the below F-16 Fighter Aircraft Integrated Product Support (IPS) Elements:
Product Support Management (PSM), Design Interface, Sustaining Engineering, Supply Support, Maintenance Planning and Management, Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation (PHS&T), Technical Data, Support Equipment, Training and Training Support, Manpower and Personnel, Facilities and Infrastructure, Computer Resources.
• Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.