ManTech Mathematician in Hill AFB, Utah
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is currently seeking experienced professionals for the Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center at Hill Air Force Base-Ogden, Utah. This will be supporting the Integration Support Contract (ISC) 2.0. Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon systems.
As the Employer of Choice in the government services and solutions industry, ManTech seeks like minds who exhibit a sense of service, creativity and dedication. The ManTech family comprises a diverse yet united group of nearly 8,000 talented professionals around the globe, each bringing distinct backgrounds and skill sets to the team. Nearly half of us are veterans.
Must be registered/certified or equivalent as appropriate for profession.
• Must be accurate, structured and meticulous with a keen interest in solving practical problems that affect government, science, engineering and business.
• Must possess ability to reason abstractly and quantitatively while being capable of constructing viable arguments and critiquing the reasoning of others.
• Additional coursework in Physics, Computer science, Statistics, Business, Engineering highly desirable
• Journeyman skill set includes ability to perform all stated/implied duties within this tier and those reasonably derived from preceding tier
• Develops practical solutions and resolves scientific and engineering problems, in areas of customer interest, by using knowledge and experience in mathematics.
• Conducts mathematical and probability analyses into the performance of subsystems, their interfaces and interactions, including complete
• Tests mathematical outcomes to ensure that accurate/quality calculations are achieved.
• Creates models to resolve practical problems in fields such as business, engineering and science.
• Compares inferences derived from models with observations or experiments.
• Decides what data is required to answer specific questions or problems.
• Interprets data and reports conclusions from analyses conducted.
• Uses data to support and improve business decisions.
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals necessary to perform a variety of tasks.
• Reports to a supervisor or manager.
• BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative field + 4 years of experience
• MS degree + 2 years of experience
• PHD + 1 year of experience
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.