Taulia Senior Software Engineer in Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Taulia delivers working capital solutions that make it easy for businesses to free up cash, accelerate payments and improve supply chain health.
Since founding in 2009, we’ve envisioned a world where every business thrives by liberating cash. Today, our team of financial gamechangers have built a network connecting 2 million businesses and processes more than $500 billion every year.
Through a unique combination of its technology platform, people and process, Taulia helps companies access the value tied up in their supply chain by transitioning from inefficient and often manual working capital management practices into technology-led, working capital optimization strategies.
Using our state-of-the-art platform, businesses now have the option to choose when and how to pay and get paid. It sounds simple. But our painless process provides both buyers and suppliers the chance to skyrocket their cash - cash to fuel economic growth all over the world. It’s win-win for everybody.
About the job:
Taulia is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our buyer integration team. As part of that team, you will be responsible for building, maintaining and improving the integration interface with the Taulia platform.
That includes gathering the data and making it available to any downstream processes. As such, the team works in collaboration with other engineering teams to ensure a scalable and reliable solution.
Other responsibilities include:
• Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code in Groovy/Java using our tools Gradle, Spring, Jersey and more...
• Do whatever is necessary, at all tiers, to scale our globally deployed solution running in the cloud without waiting for assignments.
• Lead by example and inspire people to do their best. Improve productivity and protect it.
• Keep things realistic. Solve challenging problems and – more importantly – help avoid them.
Competencies and Qualifications:
• 8+ years of experience working as a contributor in a small, high-velocity professional software engineering team.
• Experience building software that’s successfully deployed in the cloud. You understand how to work within the constraints of large datasets, customers and load without getting frustrated.
• Expert level knowledge with Java, or other object-oriented programming languages.
• Deep experience developing low-latency, scalable microservices and APIs.
• Familiarity with event and messaging based architecture, and related technologies.
• Experience optimizing data access at middle-tier/back-end services against both SQL and NoSQL storage technologies.
• You are always looking for new and better ways to do things, love continuous integration, and look for ways to write automated testing for your code.
Nice to Have:
• You’ve used our tools: Groovy, Cassandra, Spring, MySQL, Jersey, Hibernate, ActiveMQ, Kafka and Jenkins.
• Experience building Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable or other financial software.
• Experience mentoring other software engineers.
What will get you noticed:
• Experience with capacity and performance optimization using data caching and other tuning techniques.
• Experience with event/messaging based architecture using Kafka/ActiveMQ.
• Expert knowledge in transaction handling and database optimization.
• Experience writing high-performance algorithms.
• Experience working with payment processors.