Henry Schein, Inc. Application Security Engineer I in American Fork, Utah
Henry Schein One delivers connected dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help practices improve every aspect of practice management and grow profits. Our platform for integrated applications lets dental technology connect, share data and automate more tasks, creating a new digital workflow that helps teams work smarter and more efficiently. Our advanced integration improves each stage of the patient experience – from first contact and scheduling, to delivery of treatment and recurring care. Henry Schein One unifies market-leading software, web tools, support, and patient services into the one platform that is a standard for connecting all practice dental technology.
This position is responsible for performing simple information security tasks for maintenance of servers and applications. Assists senior team members with moderately complex duties to gain exposure to more complex information security skills.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Advise in, and participate in, the design of secure products and architectures
- Perform architecture security reviews, security focused code reviews, and security testing
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to design and implement security-related systems and functionality, including writing secure code as necessary, and verification of threat models, risk and security posture
- Monitor software usage and perform forensics to verify that the software is performing to the required security standards
- Perform constant monitoring and awareness of key developments in the area of web and client application security in order to provide direction of security trends, and anticipate emerging standards and best practices
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
*MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE: *
Typically 2 to 4 years of related professional experience.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION: *
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
*GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: *
- Basic understanding of industry practices
- General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Basicplanning/organizationalskills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic presentation and public speaking skills
- Basic interpersonal skills
- Developing professional credibility
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Ability to review code with a focus on exploit identification.
- Ability to successfully run common exploits with some oversight.
- Ability to do light reverse engineering.
- Ability to do independent research on security issues.
- Ability to provide remediation recommendations for common vulnerabilities.
- Basic knowledge of secure application programming, coding life cycles and designs
- Basic understanding of security principles, best practices architectures, tools and processes
- Basic knowledge of multiple current operating systems and hosting environments
- Basic understanding of networking protocols
- Basic knowledge of software and network architecture and standards
- Basic knowledge of authentication protocol building blocks and methods
- Basic ability to understand business drivers and priorities, and integrate these requirements into overall security design
- Basic ability to conduct threat assessments and assess risk
- Basic ability to create and maintain risk-based measures and build security processes that work within various development methodologies
- Basic ability to communicate security objectives orally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Basic knowledge of the technological security issues and challenges faced by corporations and governments around the world
- Basic ability to project and predict outcomes based on security trends and industry requirements
- Basic knowledge of reverse engineering techniques and tools
- Basic ability to implement code derived from technical specifications
- Basic ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Basic knowledge of all programming languages leverage in the products being secured
- Basic knowledge of data storage formats, tools andlanguages
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry demands as identified by the department trainingsite
FULL-TIME BENEFITS AVAILABLE:
Earn generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
Seven Company Paid holidays
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
401K with competitive company match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, AD&D
/Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status./
/For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at://www.henryschein.com/careers//./
Title: Application Security Engineer I
Location: UT-American Fork
Requisition ID: R115303